Friday, April 10, 2009

A Good Friday for us

Last night was a rough night for me. Even though I went to bed extra early (about 10 p.m., which is extra early for me), I couldn't fall asleep because I had a fever and what felt like a lead ball in my stomach. I don't know if I had the same thing that Jacob had, but it sure was nasty. I didn't throw up, but I didn't fall asleep either till about 2:30 a.m. Consequently, when I got up in the early morning with Jacob (who slept peacefully all night long), I was still not feeling great. When Angie finally got the truth out of me, she said I should sleep and she would stay home and take Jacob to his appointment. I went back to sleep and got up at 10:30, or was it 11? I felt much better.

This is all second-hand from Angie: Jacob had some Cheerios and juice for breakfast. He was a handful in the morning until they got in the car for the doctor's office. When she got there about ten minutes early, the parking lot was empty! She decided to wait and see if someone would show up by 9. Luckily someone did. She and Jacob went in.

At first he was okay, but then he remembered where he was and went to the door and wanted to go. Angie wouldn't let him. He banged on the door and cried out in vain. Since they were the first appointment they got in right away. After the usual measurements they found out he's about 34 inches tall and 26.5 pounds. All is well with him, though he was less cooperative than usual. Dr. Anthony was very patient with Jacob. They were friendlier by the end of the appointment. When the nurse with the immunization shot came in, he cried and cried. He eventually got the shot and resisted even getting a band-aid on his little thigh. Finally, he got to sit down and read a book. Once Angie had him dressed again, he didn't want to go!

He fell asleep on the way home and took his usual 3 hour nap. He had a good lunch and was in better spirits today. We went walking with Rosemary and her dogs to the playground without the sandbox. Jacob kept finding sticks to give to each of us. He was more interested in that than in swinging or sliding! We came home and had a good dinner and all is well again.

Rosemary, Regina and I went to stations of the cross and adoration of the cross at St. Louis's in Clarksville. It was good. We also stopped on the way home to get some Easter treats at Angie's request, along with a pie crust for pecan pie, another Easter treat. The buzzer just went off, so the pies are done. I'm off to turn the oven off!

No comments:

Post a Comment